- About PMKSY Scheme
- Economic Data Bank
- MSME Support
The Scheme of Mega Food Park aims at providing a mechanism to link agricultural production to the market by bringing together farmers, processors and retailers so as to ensure maximizing value addition, minimizing wastage, increasing farmers income and creating employment opportunities particularly in rural sector. The Mega Food Park Scheme is based on “Cluster” approach and envisages creation of state of art support infrastructure in a well-defined agri / horticultural zone for setting up of modern food processing units in the industrial plots provided in the park with well-established supply chain. Mega food park typically consist of supply chain infrastructure including collection centers, primary processing centers, central processing centers, cold chain and around 25-30 fully developed plots for entrepreneurs to set up food processing units.
The Mega Food Park project is implemented by a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) which is a Body Corporate registered under the Companies Act. State Government, State Government entities and Cooperatives are not required to form a separate SPV for implementation of Mega Food Park project. Subject to fulfillment of the conditions of the Scheme Guidelines, the funds are released to the SPVs. To view status of 42 Mega Food Parks funded under the scheme (Click Here).
So far following seventeen Mega Food Parks are operational:
1. Srini Mega Food Park, Chittoor, Andhra Pradesh.
2. Godavari Mega Aqua Park, West Godavari, Andhra Pradesh.
3. North East Mega Food Park, Nalbari, Assam.
4. Gujarat Agro Mega Food Park, Surat, Gujarat.
5. Cremica mega Food park, Una, Himachal Pradesh.
6. Jharkhand Mega Food Park, Ranchi, jharkhand.
7. Integrated Mega Food Park, Tumkur, Karnataka.
8. Indus Mega Food Park, Khargoan, Madhya Pradesh.
9. Paithan Mega Food Park, Aurangabad, Maharashtra.
10. Satara Mega Food Park, Satara, Maharashtra.
11. MITS Mega Food Park, Rayagada, Odisha.
12. International Mega Food Park, Fazilka, Punjab.
13. Greentech Mega Food park, Ajmer, rajasthan.
14. Patanjali Food and Herbal Park, Haridwar, Uttarakhand.
15. Himalayan Mega Food Park, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand.
16. Jangipur Bengal Mega Food Park, Murshidabad, West Bengal.
17. Sikaria Mega Food Park, West Tripura, Tripura.
Entrepreneurs looking for fully developed Industrial Plots to setup food processing Units and avail other related services may contact promoters of Mega Food Parks (Click Here).
Sh. Atul Saxena,
Ministry of Food Processing Industries,
Panchsheel Bhawan, August Kranti Marg,